Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rest


Jayden was happy and loving the garden until he realized that his mama was eating cheezits without him!











Matthew 11 says Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. I've been tired lately and I need rest. If I'm not careful, I can get discontented and start focusing on the things in my life that are not as I would choose. This week, I've been trying to keep my eyes on the incredible blessings that God has given me and the amazing opportunities he has in his plan for me. I know I am exactly where the Lord wants me at this moment and I am committed to enjoying each day and appreciating every moment--doing what I can to facilitate positive change in the world around me. I love the verse listed above because that is my struggle...I forget to rest and refresh(although my dogs obviously don't have that issue). I was working in my yard this morning when suddenly I realized, it's okay to rest. It's okay to take deep breaths and let things happen. I am not in control and never have been despite my best efforts. My garden teaches me that every day. Despite my best efforts, things will thrive or wither on their own timetable. In the face of that, I must still do my best to care for them by providing nutrition (GO COMPOST TEA!), access to sunlight, a safe environment and water. I do my best but then I have to back off...I have to let them be. That's so difficult for me. I'm a fixer but the garden has taught (is teaching) me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan-seriously, how long have you had this blog?? I love to read your words and love to see your beautiful garden!!! You are gifted. May the Lord continue to teach you, may you continue to share that, so others may learn too. :) i love you. K

Anonymous said...

oh, and one more thing, as i read your lovely words again this morning....compost tea??? Do tell!! :) K

lavendergardener said...

Oh Girl! Compost Tea is the absolute best. It's little tea bags of compost that you put in your watering can and let steap in room temp water for about 15 minutes. Use it to water the whole plant--leaves and all.

By the way, I think you should start a blog about the progress of Annie the Asparagus and Sadie the Strawberry!