Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stepping out...

The garden is in full bloom but there are signs that Fall is here. Some of the leaves are fading, the roses are slow to flower and the tomatoes are plentiful. I love this time of year --the temperature is perfect, the holidays are just around the corner and I can just sit back and the garden is established. I tend to dread the slow approach of winter however-the thought of all my beautiful, carefully tended plants breathing their last is always difficult for me. Some just hold their breath til Spring but others are no more. For any overly involved gardener, that's a rough time. I saw this quote today though that put it all into perspective..." To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.” George Santayana ~~~
My desire for this week is to see the beauty and embrace each day. To be content and full of appreciation for this season whatever tomorrow brings.







3 comments:

seasidegarden said...

Again I love your message and your pictures are awesome. You are utterly amazing. Have a blessed evening and a wonderful week full of love, laughter, and life. The sun has just magically appeared in the NW!! Love you--your mom

lavendergardener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i had to SO AGREE with you on the Huge Sombrero w/blackpinks....it made me laugh so loud!!!!thanks for the post!