Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall is officially here...

So, last Sunday evening I spent time in my garden picking tomatoes, eggplant and onions. Everything was lush and green. This week, Albuquerque had at least two nights that hit 28 degrees. I know it is October but I still wasn't expecting it. Within a week, the morning glories have shriveled, the peach tree lost its leaves and the veggies are dead. My Dad is coming for a visit on Tuesday and I was really hoping he'd be able to see the yard before everything turned brown. For some odd reason, my family seems to only visit when it's the cold season. But oh well... I'm usually a very "glass is half full" kinda gal so I'm trying to focus on the delightful crisp temperatures, the joy of my fireplace in the evenings and the cozy down comforter covering my bed. I'm also planning some home improvements while it's too cold to garden. I hope to paint the living room, kitchen and hallway and put in new flooring throughout before my heirloom seed packets arrive in February.

In other news, I have a meeting scheduled to meet with the homestudy social worker (it's so weird to say that cause that's usually me) on November 24th to be licensed as a foster parent. The questions and second guessing have given way to a profound peace and bubbling excitement. I am really looking forward to drawing on the fun, secure childhood my parents provided and the knowledge and skills from my education and career path to give a child a safe, stable home for however long God chooses to use me.

2 comments:

tina said...

Woohoo!!! I'm so excited FOR you!!! Sounds like you have a lot of housework planned. I think you ought to come do mine, too, while your at it ;)

Watching in Wonder said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your dad! M, I am SO excited for what God is doing in and through you! You are an encouragement and true inspiration. I love you much!