Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Living, Loving, Laughing



It's been awhile since I've had a chance to sit down and blog. Obviously. Anyway, the boys have now been here 2 1/2 months. They have settled in and so have I. I am tired but rejuvenated. I am extraordinarily busy but calmer than I have felt in years. I have been able to realize through these wonderful boys that each day is one I need to treasure. It may be just an average day but it is one that I will never have again. These kiddos will never be 2 and 3 on May 6th again and I will never by 35 on this day again (Thank you Charlie Appelstein). For the last several years, I've felt stuck. Nothing ever changed. Same job, same house and pets, same great friends and family. Things were good but lacking in something I could never put my finger on. With the addition of these wild children, my life has gained passion. I am loving rolling down hills at the park, flying kites, searching the sky for colorful hot air balloons, singing songs and having tickle fights. The boys have developed a huge interest in watching our seeds sprout in the garden and enthusiastically help me water every night.My job is suddenly much more exciting, my house is loud and full of life and my relationships have all taken on new meaning. I am looking forward to each new day with gratitude in a way that I had almost forgotten. Often people will say to me "you have your hands full!" and I just want to reply, "full of blessings".








Tonight's Highlights:
**The boys picked the first beautiful peach geranium stem (AAAHHHH!) and brought it to me to wear in my hair (ahhhhhh...)


**I have a small scar on my leg and it must have worried M because he went and got a band-aid and gently put it over the scar. I said "oh thank you! I bet you are gonna be a doctor when you grow up". "YEAH!" said M. Then he starts gagging. Horrified, I said, "What's wrong?" "You said I could be a doctor when I throw up" said M.

1 comment:

tina said...

You said I could be a doctor when I throw up" said M.ROFLMBO, OMG! Thanks so much I needed that LOL.

I'm beyond bursting with happiness for you & your beautiful life. God said "wait" & you waited & He has blessed you a thousand times over. It is an amazing thing to be able to witness. Oh, gosh, now I'm bawling. :P I love you, dearly! Give babies raspberries from Auntie Tina.