Friday, February 26, 2010

Today was a good day...

Started out by realizing that I forgot to do a little project with the boys. Apparently a family in J's class is adopting a little girl from China and the school is trying to gather 100 wishes for the little girl and her new family. I asked the boys what they would want to tell a little girl who was moving into a new family just like they did a year ago. M thought for a minute and said, "I would tell her it's okay to be sad and cry at first but everything will be okay because your family really loves you". If I wasn't already a huge mush ball today, that did it. My sweet boy soooo gets it.

I picked the boys up from school early so that we could be home in time for the social worker to come over to sign the paperwork. As I walked in, J saw me and started running up and down the hallway telling every teacher that it was time for us to "go sign our family papers". At every stop he got a thrilled smile. Love their school!

As we signed the Adoptive Placement Agreement, LB (the worker) asked M if he knew what the papers meant. His immediate reply, "That mama gets to love us forever and ever".

I recieved text after text, call after call, email after email from supportive friends and family every hour of the day.

We ended the evening with dinner and lots of loud roughhousing at Erika and Steve's house. I loved to watch the boys completely at home and surrounded by people who adore them. As I sit here typing, I just looked up to see a vase of flowers and a balloon reading Congratulations.

Yes, today was a good day.

2 comments:

tina... said...

So absolutely completely happy for you, Meg. I love you all!!! T

Sheila said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!