Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love... the Way It's Meant to Be...

Wow, what a wonderful day. I woke up to two sweet little voices asking if they could finally give me the presents they'd made at school. They were so proud of each item, it took my breath away. At church, the message was so good. It was focused on how to be the woman God created you to be. Awesome! Later, I found this in my email inbox...

"When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need-words that will help others become stronger."
Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)

Just for today: Couldn't all words out of my mouth only be strengthening words? Words that nourish their bones and muscle their hearts?

What if I tried to change nothing in my children but I focused on only this: Let the tongue speak only the words that make souls stronger. Like Oxygen, couldn't just speaking strengthening-words change the whole atmosphere?



The two items tied together so well into exactly the kind of woman I want to be. I want to be remembered by my children as someone who loves them unconditionally, cheers their victories and quickly forgets their failures. Someone who sees their strengths and helps them build on their talents while teaching them that it's okay to have faults. I want them to know that mistakes will be made but can usually be rectified with a little hard work and some humility. I want them to become men whose lives are marked by generosity, tenacity and integrity. My prayer for the coming year is that God will give me the strength, grace and wisdom to be the Mom I need to be for my amazing little men.

No comments: