Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer



How is it that August has just started and I feel like Summer is over? We've had a busy one, that is for sure! We drove to Seattle for a 10 day visit with my parents and our extended family. It was amazing. So much fun. I can't even begin to explain the joy I felt when I watched my boys play on the beach my grandparents purchased when my mother was a child. The boys absolutely loved taking walks on the beach, playing with their wonderful teenage cousins and watching for eagles, geese and huge ships. They enjoyed being the center of attention for my parents, old friends and incredible family. The boys were amazing travelers and we enjoyed spending so much time together this summer.

M starts Kindergarten at an amazing charter school a week from today! I'm so excited for him and for the richness the environment will bring to our family. I am so proud of M. He has come so far in the last 18 months. For example, he had been told that he could watch one show and then it was bed time. He just came out of the bedroom and said to me, "Mama, I'm sorry. The first show was over and I was trying to sneak another one. I know it's bedtime". All I could do was hug him and tell him how proud I am of how honest he is. He is resilient, brilliant and can express himself in ways that astound me.

J will have another year at preschool. He is changing and maturing every single day. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring for him. He is sweet, kind, thoughtful and more stubborn than you can even imagine. He sings and dances with passion in his face and is amazingly artistic. He also gives hugs that are filled with so much feeling it makes me tear up almost every time. J is helpful, so stinkin' funny and talented beyond belief.

I am at a point in my life where I feel like God has prepared me for this moment. When I was a child, he gave me amazing parents so that I could love my children with all my heart and soul. When I was a teenager, he gave me stable friendships so that I would have the support system I need to be a single mom. He gave me a heart that seeks to serve others so that I would find a career path that would provide me with the information, skills and resources to provide for my little family. He gave me a hunger for Him so that I would know that He alone is in control and has a plan for all of us. I am so thankful for that plan and for the wisdom that prepares us for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, I am amazed at your perception and insight. I don't know why I should be amazed, but amazement is a wonderful feeling. Please continue your posts--you will be very grateful one day. Love you--from your very amazed Mom.